Saturday, April 23, 2011

Reiki Honors Pregnancy by Loree Bell, RMT

My pregnancy was not planned. Not in the traditional sense. I had a thriving beautiful daughter keeping my husband and myself busy, and my mind had wandered on focusing on my life path.
Circumstances had propelled me to look inward, and to listen to my internal guidance. The voice led me to the healing path. When I focused deeper, Reiki bubbled to the surface. What was Reiki? Reiki is a Japanese energy technique that relaxes, restores, and balances your energy systems. I felt the need to learn this modality, and asked the universe for financial assistance. Within weeks, an unexpected check arrived in the mail to cover the costs for the training and I found myself on an airplane to Arizona. During my training and attunement to the energy, I found out I was pregnant! Stunned, I was assured that Reiki would be beneficial to me and my baby during the pregnancy and postpartum period.

Pregnancy is such a special time in a woman's life. A blessing. A Reiki treatment during this period can reduce stress, center and ground emotions, and restore energy systems in the body. Studies from Hartford Hospital in Connecticut find that Reiki reduces pain, nausea, anxiety, and improves sleep when used in conjunction with medical care. My intuition during my pregnancy was to give myself treatments daily to relieve stress. I was juggling a full-time job, an active toddler, and the notion I could fulfill my life purpose while pregnant? During these mindful sessions, I could shut out the pressures of my life and deepen the connection to my baby. A mindful moment of Zen. I had no major complications with my pregnancy, but Reiki did improve routine discomforts such as sciatic nerve and round ligament pain in my second and third trimesters. Reiki is also useful during the labor process, and can assist mothers recovering from post postpartum issues. I gave birth to a healthy baby girl! The name Norah came to me, which means light. The name was meant to be given my path as a lightworker.

After birth, Reiki soothes newborns with colic or teething issues. Norah was a joyful and calm baby, and I continued to give her Reiki as an infant. Now as an adventurous toddler, she loves to laugh at herself when completing developmental milestones such as sitting or walking. I truly believe the universe put Reiki in Norah's life for a reason, and her life journey has just begun.

Please contact me to schedule a session and begin your journey in honoring yourself and your baby during this very special time in your life. Reiki is not limited by distance, and can be given without the client physically present!

I am celebrating Mothers in the Month of May! Mothers receive 25% off a Reiki Session.

Loree Bell, RMT
By Email: Earthelementsconsulting@hotmail.com
By Phone: 206-713-3143

No comments:

Post a Comment